Closed when filled
ORGANIZATIONAL HISTORY AND OVERVIEW
Friends of the Farms is a 501 c3 non-profit organization working to preserve and enhance local farming.
The organization is currently comprised of an Executive Director, a Board, contractors and several committees. We are seeking to grow our capabilities.
Founded in 2001, Friends of the Farms works to:
- Preserve farmland.
- Manage public farmlands in partnership with the City of Bainbridge Island.
- Connect private landowners with farmers interested in leasing land for farming.
- Advocate for local farming with partner organizations.
- Develop affordable housing for new farmers and interns.
- Promote community awareness of local food production and consumption.
For more information visit www.friendsofthefarms.org
Salary: Commensurate with the candidate’s ability level and experience.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter, resume and work samples to Wendy Tyner, Executive Director. firstname.lastname@example.org
Friends of the Farms seeks to hire a part-time Program Coordinator to lead and inspire others to preserve and enhance local farming. The Program Coordinator will be hired as a salaried employee at an FTE .50 who will work collaboratively with the volunteer Project Manager and report to the Executive Director. The Program Coordinator will be responsible for day-to-day management and program development. The job responsibilities will vary based on organizational needs. The Program Coordinator will have the ability to have a flexible work week schedule.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES- Based on an FTE. 50
- Public Farmland Management- .40
- Works directly with the Executive Director and the Project Manager to manage public farmland.
- Monitors public farmland leases and coordinates the Site Committee process.
- Develops opportunities to expand the Volunteer Stewardship Program, working in collaboration with the Project Manager.
- Researches, identifies and submits government grant application in collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Works with the Executive Director to manage the annual budget for public farmland management.
- Coordinates with Project Manager to respond to minor farmland repairs- ie irrigation breaks, roof leaks, fence breaks
- Farmer Housing- .20
- Oversees recruitment and management of the Farmer Housing program.
- Responds to tenant needs.
- Harvest Fair- .20
- Coordinates activities with non-profit and for-profit vendors.
- Develops innovative programs that support the mission.
- Promotes Harvest Fair region-wide.
- Recruits and trains all volunteers.
- Works in collaboration with the Project Manager to prepare the property for Harvest Fair use.
- Administration-. 20
- Actively uses SalesForce to manage volunteers, stakeholders and donors.
- Supports the Executive Director in donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Migrates all pre-existing data.
- Works with the Executive Director on Fund Development and Event Planning.
- Develops and coordinates communication documents for the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in Agriculture, Philanthropy and/or Communications
- Able to use or learn SalesForce
- Work collaboratively with staff, Board, farmers, volunteers and the community
- Proven ability to build positive relationships with businesses and organizations
- Has a visible passion to preserve the environment
- Conveys the mission through excellent communication skills
- Utilizes all forms of social media
- Ability to work during evenings, weekends and/or holidays
We are pleased to announce the first-ever Friends of the Farms cook book, Celebrating the Bounty of Bainbridge Island. Click here to reserve copies @ $19.95 per book.