HARVEST FAIR 2016
Sunday, September 25th, 2016
Johnson Farm, Bainbridge Island
11 am-5 pm
This educational and fun event brings our community together to celebrate, appreciate and nurture local farming. Not just for the kids, Harvest Fair encourages everyone to take a day and join us on the farm.
Food vendors and other organizations interested in being part of this year’s celebration of local farming, please contact Heather Burger: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Like us and share on facebook to learn more about Harvest Fair and how Friends of the Farms works to preserve and enhance local farming.
Click here for driving directions
Join us at the annual Friends of the Farms’ Harvest Fair. Suggested donation at the entry: $5.00 individual/$20.00 family. New this year, Harvest Fair attendees may purchase wristbands for only $12.00, allowing unlimited turns on our rides and attractions. Donations support the event, as well as Friends of the Farms’ work throughout the year.
Come and celebrate with us during this great family day on the farm!
Shuttles available: Free park and ride shuttle with pick-up at Bainbridge ferry terminal for each ferry arrival from Seattle, from 11:00am (10:35 sailing from Seattle) and final return drop off at 5pm for the 5:30 sailing back to Seattle. Shuttle also picks up at BETHANY LUTHERAN (Finch Rd and High School).
- Enjoy apple cider fresh from the fair orchard
- Shop at the farm stand for fresh, local produce
- Attend a seminar on local food topics
- Enjoy yummy food with a focus on “local”
- Sample local beverages at the beer and wine garden
- Take a tractor or horse-drawn wagon ride
- Ride the land slide, young’uns only pleas
- Enter the pie contest (enter by 11:30 pm)
- Enjoy pony rides
- Enjoy face painting
- Join in the Friends of the Farms raffle to win great prizes
- Or simply take in seven hours of sumptuous local food and music while sitting on a hay bale, enjoying a beautiful day in the country
Best Pie Contest
This is a chance to put your best recipe forward at the Annual Harvest Fair Pie Contest! Winners for Adult and Youth categories will receive prizes. Pies must arrive at the fair booth by 11:30pm the day of the fair. Judging (by professional bakers) begins at 1pm.
Enter for a chance to win a locally grown turkey (who will also be attending the fair). Raffle tickets sold at the Friends of the Farms fair booth. The raffle drawing will be at 4pm. All proceeds go to support Friends of the Farms.
The Harvest Fair Playbill
This year will showcase a variety of great local musical talent, with a few surprises throughout the day. Stay tuned!
Click here to enjoy a podcast from Bainbridge Community Broadcasting and learn more about Harvest Fair!