Friends of the Farms sponsors and organizes the annual Harvest Fair at Johnson Farm on Bainbridge Island. This educational and fun event brings our community together to celebrate, appreciate and nurture local farming. Not just for the kids, Harvest Fair encourages everyone to take a day and join us on the farm.
Mark your calendar now for Harvest Fair 2012!
If you would like more information about this event, please contact Friends of the Farms at 206-842-5537.
Join us at the annual Friends of the Farms’ Harvest Fair. Donations at the entry support the event, as well as Friends of the Farms’ work throughout the year.
Come and celebrate with us during this great family day on the Farm!
Shuttles available: Free park and ride shuttle with pick-up at Bainbridge ferry terminal for each ferry arrival from Seattle, from 11:15am (10:35 sailing from Seattle) and final return drop off at 5pm for the 5:30 sailing back to Seattle. Shuttle also picks up at BETHANY LUTHERAN (Finch Rd and High School) and STRAWBERRY HILL PARK (High School Rd Between Sands Rd and Fletcher Bay Rd).
- Bring your own apples and learn to make apple cider right in the fair orchard
- Meet our local farmers
- Enjoy yummy food with a focus on “local”
- Talk with local master gardeners
- Watch our famous sheep shearing demonstration
- Sample local beverages at the beer and wine garden
- Take a tractor or horse-drawn wagon ride
- Ride the land slide, young’uns only please
- Enter the biggest zucchini contest (enter by 3 pm)
- Enter the pie contest (enter by 11:30 pm)
- Enjoy pony rides
- Enjoy face painting
- Join in the Friends of the Farms raffle to win great prizes
- Or simply take in seven hours of sumptuous local food and music while sitting on a hay bale, enjoying a beautiful day in the country
Best Pie Contest
This is a chance to put your best recipe forward at the Annual Harvest Fair Pie Contest! Winners for Adult and Youth categories will receive prizes. Pies must arrive at the fair booth by 11:30pm the day of the fair. Judging (by professional bakers) begins at 1pm.
Biggest Zucchini Contest
See how your largest “zuc” from the garden measures up. Entries must be zucchinis and raised on Bainbridge Island. Prize awarded to the largest considering all measurements – weight, shape and size. Vegetables must arrive at the fair booth no later than 2:30pm, judging begins at 3pm.
Enter for a chance to win a locally grown turkey (who will also be attending the fair). Raffle tickets sold at the Friends of the Farms fair booth. The raffle drawing will be at 4pm. All proceeds go to support Friends of the Farms.
The Harvest Fair Playbill
This year will showcase a variety of great local talent, with a few surprises throughout the day.
Click here for driving directions.
MUCH APPRECIATION AND GRATITUDE TO OUR SPONSORS
Bainbridge Organic Distillers
Bainbridge Community Foundation
Brown Bear Car Wash
Bainbridge Island Ace Hardware
Bainbridge Island Police Department
Trust for Public Land
City of Bainbridge Island
The Clean Center
Many thanks to the generous donors to our Harvest Fair raffle:
Mora Iced Creamery
The Weekend Farmer Company